Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rainy ready


It was a stormy night in Austin and the rain lingers on today. I actually love cloudy or rainy mornings, because they are so cozy. I brewed coffee and made a strawberry smoothie and peanut butter toast for breakfast, curled up on the couch, and watched the Rachel Zoe marathon that my DVR caught.  Can't get much better than that. However, now it's actually time to go out and get my errands done, rainy or not.

What do you guys wear on wet days, when you want to look presentable? I'm very curious, because it can be hard to manage sometimes, and I seem to always end up wearing the same thing.
My outfit will usually consist of my dark grey skinny jeans with knee high leather boots (with a short heel) to keep the water out, no matter how many parking lot puddles I might stomp through, and a top that goes-with. Probably high necked (water running down your chest isn't exactly ideal) and long or three-quarter sleeve just to stay as dry as possible, even if the weather is still somewhat warm. Hair goes completely up -  in a bun on top of my head - or else I just slip on a over-sized beanie cap and keep my hair in a low braid. I tell myself that I look like someone cool out of the Matrix and venture out. Sigh. ;)

Tell me your ideas for rain-proof fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment