Thursday, December 1, 2011

Season's Greetings

Happy December! I couldn't think of a more perfect day to head to Target (where I had some birthday gift cards to spend!) and get some holiday accents for the apartment. We still need to get a tree and decorate it, but it is definitely feeling a bit more festive in here. It felt nice to trade my regular flowers for poinsettias and spring colored pillows, etc. for richer pieces and cozy textures.


 It's easy to make an affordable holiday center piece for your table! I came up with this totally on the fly this afternoon. I bought this silver, square tray for just $1.99 at Target, and filled it with little items I already had: Christmas balls, cinnamon sticks, a fake poinsettia flower that had fallen off a bouquet, and one un-eaten candy cane from last year. I received these two "Seasons Greetings" cards in the mail as samples, along with a card catalog from The Gallery Collection. I saved them, thinking they might be useful for decorating, and I'm glad I did!


This candle is so pretty, I almost don't want to light it....or take it out of the cute wrapping! Target, $5.99 (candle only. I already had the stand).

 Switched out my spring-like bird pillow in favor of this green one, which I used to have on the bed.

 Vases are now filled with red and white.

 I finally found a wintery pillow that I really liked! Target, $14.99

More poinsettias (Target, $3.99) on the mantel, along with some great retro portrait books a friend gave me for my birthday.


 I've had this clock for years, but I love it even more around Christmas time.


What are you doing to make your space a more festive place?? 
Tonight, I am going with Steve to his company Christmas party. I feel like a real adult! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment