Monday, January 9, 2012

Bedroom bliss

Taking a quick break from wedding planning, work, and preparing some stuff for tax season (I swear, everything happens at once, doesn't it?). Half a tuna sandwich and a home brewed cup of coffee should work for a little pick-me-up!

I wanted to show off the newest addition to my apartment - new bedding! It's been GREAT to fall into at the end of these long days lately!

 Steve and I unexpectedly found these sheets at the Bridal Show last weekend. They were $55! Unheard of for a 1500 thread count! We couldn't pass it up. Check out www.pmdesignercollection.com if you'd like to pick some up yourself!


 Duvet cover and pillow shams (from IKEA, $39.99) that I'd been wanting forever (yay for Christmas money)! I love the Colonial-style floral pattern. We're hoping to achieve sort of a romantic/old Hollywood look for the bedroom. I've already added a couple black and white framed photos of Marylin Monroe. We'd like to continue that trend with people like James Dean, Frank Sinatra, Clint Eastwood (some of Steve's choices), and some other female actresses of the time, like Audrey Hepburn. I think it will be a gradual process of adding/finding art, but so worthwhile! I am also thinking of painting the room a periwinkle color.


 I love the buttons that keep the pillow shams closed!


This morning. Comfy! One of the candles my sister bought me for Christmas (on my nightstand) matches perfectly!



How would you build your ideal bed?

No comments:

Post a Comment