Friday, January 20, 2012

Fresh Fuel

So, as if throwing myself into wedding planning wasn't enough to keep me busy lately, I also accepted a role in a play as part of a local festival. We've been rehearsing regularly over the last week and a half and we open on Tuesday night! It's one of the fastest rehearsal periods I've ever had, and I haven't done live theater in a long time, so it's quite exhilarating and a bit scary!

This week we've been rehearsing every single night, but thankfully, wedding planning has subsided a bit because we finally nailed down our venue and got our Save the Date notices out! This felt like such a big step and I'm so thrilled. More wedding specific details to come. :)

It's been important for me over the last week to eat healthy foods to keep my energy up. I must say, with all the stress and adrenaline that I've had going, this hasn't been too hard to do. I don't usually feel very hungry when I'm running around like crazy, so when I do eat, it's been easy for me to make pretty wise choices. So while wedding planning and starring in a play, I've also found that I've gotten into much better shape! That's a win, win, win, if you ask me.

I put together a nice lunch today while going over my lines and gearing up for tonight's dress rehearsal. I thought I'd share it with you.

Salmon Lunch:

 I love keeping individually wrapped, frozen Salmon fillets around. I used a little olive oil cooking spray and pan grilled the salmon until thoroughly cooked. I seasoned it with garlic salt, a little bit of chili powder, and black pepper.

Accessories! Dill pickle slices, spicy mustard, and Special K's multi-grain crackers (delicious and low calorie!)

I put it all on a plate so I could graze. I liked creating little hors d'oeuvres with a cracker, cut up pickle, and a piece of Salmon on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment