Monday, January 2, 2012

Engaged!



If you follow me on Twitter, you probably already know, but for my exclusively blog-followers:
I'M ENGAGED!

Steve proposed Christmas Eve morning. We were waking up in bed and he pulled the ring out from under his pillow. Even though I sort of knew a proposal was coming, I thought it was probably going to happen Christmas morning if it was going to happen. Plus, there was a tiny wrapped present for me under the tree that looked like it might be a ring box. So it caught me pretty off guard to suddenly see the ring in front of me as I was opening my eyes on Christmas Eve! 

I can't believe I am about to have to start planning a wedding! The whole thing is still very surreal.

Happy 2012!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is so exciting. Any thoughts to what season you'd like to have your wedding in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    I have always wanted to get married in the Fall. I grew up in Northern Virginia where the Fall colors are just amazing. I am really *hoping* to get married in that area (Texas doesn't have much of a Fall season), if we feel like it's doable financially and that we could actually get the majority of our guests to travel! We're probably stacking the deck against us on that one. Luckily, I do still have a few family members in that area though.

    Since I was a little kid, I always wanted to get married at Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia. I have a real affinity for that era in history. I want to have influences of that time shape the style of the wedding, but I don't want it to be too "costume-ish" or cheesy. :)

    I'm sure I'll be coming out with a whole post of this sort of stuff once I get a little organized!

    Research, research, research is the name of the game right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an amazing idea! I noticed how enthusiastic you were about fall when I used to read your old posts.
    Not that my opinion maters but I think the wedding is all about the bride and since you only get only get married once; I think you should definitely go for it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete