Monday, November 28, 2011

Most wonderful time of the year...


 How was your Thanksgiving?
Overall, my entire trip to Arkansas was great. I love being with my family over the holidays. It seems though, that my bad luck hasn't quite gone away, because my car decided to break down ON Thanksgiving (you might remember I wrote about spending far too much money to get repairs done on it just last week!). We were on the way to my sister's that morning to bake pumpkin pies. Being stranded on an exit ramp (in traffic) and emergency towing on a holiday was really not in the plan. Thankfully, the transmission shop where we had it towed was able to fix it by the end of the next day, even after telling me they didn't think they could even look at it until Monday! Whew! I was so thrilled. It actually turned out to be a relatively minor fix, but I am hoping the charges are going to be taken care of by the shop I used in Austin last week. I'll be putting my game face on when I go in there this week.

The rest of the weekend was filled with friend time, family time, a delicious Thanksgiving dinner at my grandma's house, the traditional cousin-gathering at Golden Corral (I don't know why we think a buffet is appropriate on Thanksgiving weekend, but we always go!), watching lots of football (and one Millionaire Matchmaker marathon at my sister's. Haha), tree decorating at my mom's, whipped cream vodka with hot cocoa (highly recommended for this holiday season!), Starbucks and political philosophizing with my dad, a little bit of shopping/browsing stores (but we avoided the Black Friday madness. Really not my thing), dinner at a Japanese steakhouse with a funny waiter on the hibachi, and overall bonding time with my sweet boyfriend.

Now begins one of my favorite times of the year. I am eager to begin my Christmas shopping and start thinking of fun ideas for everyone. I'm glad I'll be heading back up to Arkansas again so soon. Now, I just have to get through these three weeks of real life! I only wish I had some leftover pumpkin pie for breakfast...I love it cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment