Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I was a Halloween zombie, but not in a good way

I'm still mourning the fact that I missed Halloween. I rarely get sick, so the fact that it had to happen on one of my favorite days of the year is making it difficult to take.

Luckily, I can still look back on Friday night, when my boyfriend and I attended our friends' annual pumpkin carving party. I didn't carve a pumpkin this year, but it's always good fun to go and hang out with everyone, and enjoy a nice spread of Halloween food and drink. There was no shortage of talent among the pumpkin carvers, as well, and it was fun to see what everyone came up with.

Drink of choice for the night: Snakebites (Guinness and Hard Apple Cider)

My cold-weather, casual party wear


I'm still feeling quite under the weather, and aside from that being a real annoyance, I am driving to Arkansas on Thursday morning, and then up to Kansas City with with my family on Friday, for my cousin's wedding! I am really looking forward to it, but being sick during the entire trip is definitely not the goal. My body needs to get in gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment