Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanks


With Thanksgiving coming up (my, how time flies), and with a lot of rough life-stuff going on lately, I wanted to compile a list of things I am truly grateful for. I do those " little things that make me smile" posts a lot, which often helps me to remember to appreciate the simple stuff that brightens my week, but here's a more indepth list. It still includes some of those small, simple treasures (they are important, too!), but also some of those bigger things that I really try not to take for granted.

I'm Thankful...

- for hot coffee and a long, cozy robe on cold mornings

-  to not be sick anymore after catching a long-lasting, strange virus a few weeks ago

- that my ankle is healed, whenever I think about how badly sprained it was earlier this year

- that I have always been able to be with my family over the holidays, each and every year thus far

- that I have an amazing man in my life, and that I didn't settle for anything less

- that my family still remains some of my best friends, and I know they always will

- for friends, new and old, who have humbled me with their loyalty

- for the nicest, coziest, coolest apartment I've ever lived in

- for my steady job, that for the first time in my life, more than pays just the bills

- that I have never forgotten how to be a kid and have some crazy-fun!

- fashion magazines, for the ultimate escape, inspiration, and decompression

- swimming pools and frozen drinks in the summer & fireplaces and hot cocoa in the winter

- pumpkin pie + whipped cream...lots of it (as my mom used to say, "would you like some pie with your whipped cream?")

- everyone who supports me as an actor, even when it's slow going and I want to give up

- music

-my lovely blog readers, of course!

So, my friends, what are you especially thankful for this year? What's been on your mind? I want to hear your list! :)

1 comment:

  1. I think this list is absolutely adorable. Always nice to show appreciation for the things we typically take for granted!

    ReplyDelete