Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Holiday


Hope you had a great holiday weekend! I must say, 4th of July here just wasn't quite the same without any fireworks. We currently have a total burn ban going, because it's been so hot and dry here. Even the large fireworks displays downtown were canceled. What a shame!  I spent a lot of time with friends throughout the entire weekend, though, so that was nice.


I thought I'd share some of my "Patriotic" ensembles from the past few days:


I wore this out to the river on Monday. I thought the scarf would help keep me cool and protect my head from the sun, while also giving me a little bit of a 1940s vibe. Since I wasn't planning spending a lot of time in the water anyway, I indulged myself with some red lipstick, too.


 I wore this out for dinner and drinks with friends one evening, hoping the red, white, and blue combination wouldn't look too cheesy. I think it worked! I'd wear this again sometime, too. And, I decided it was finally time to attempt wearing heels since severely spraining my ankle 4 months ago! It's been a very long wait, and I was so happy that I had no problems, even after wearing them for hours and doing a lot of standing. I felt great in them! I was surprised how much I missed it.
The white lace top is my newest purchase from Forever 21 ($15), and I absolutely love it! It's really soft and comfortable, too. I'm simply wearing a black bra underneath.

This was my somewhat-lazy-Sunday ensemble. I think this was taken right before we headed out for our Starbucks fix in the morning. I've had this bandanna-looking top since college, and I'm pretty sure I bought it at a thrift store for about $3. I decided 4th of July weekend was a good time to bring it back out. The pants are my newest obsession  from Forever 21 (on sale for $7.99). I got them instead of the more typical harem pants I was looking for. The ones I tried on didn't look quite right, and as soon as I put these on, I knew they were the ones! They are SO comfortable, I never want to take them off. They are great for just lounging around the house and doing nothing, but I am really loving finding different ways of contrasting them with more stylish items when going out. They still have a touch of that baggy harem look, too.

What do you think??
Tell me about your weekend! Did you find some cute red, white, and blue ensembles you never knew you had? Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment