Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Green grass and gold

I can't tell you how happy I am to be able to wear heels again (see the ordeal here). I wore these gold wedges to my boyfriend's flag football playoffs this week. Once his team was eliminated, we stayed with some of the team to have a few beers and watch some of the other games. It was a fun evening, and we even had some unexpectedly mild weather.

Ok, maybe not the most practical shoes for a sporting event (although wedges are better than heels on grass or dirt), but everywhere's a fashion opportunity to me! You just have to know when to slip them off and let your feet feel the grass. (Plus, I quieted those boys who were mocking me for being a heel-wearing Yankee in Texas. Ha. I joked that I'd show up in a cocktail dress and heels with a martini for the opening day of next season. Hmm.......)

I hope you're making it through your week relatively unscathed. Happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment