Friday, July 22, 2011

Weekend Wear


 Unless I'm going out for the day or need to dress up for something special, I tend to stay pretty low-key on the weekends when it comes to what I wear. Usually a pair of boyshorts and a t-shirt will suffice. I also like throwing on my new comfy pants from Forever 21 (seen here) and a tank top, because it's perfectly comfortable, but also appropriate for taking the dog out in the morning or running to the store for some milk. And if something more fun comes up, such as going to hang out with a girlfriend, I really like being able to simply add on some random accessories to make me feel a bit more human.
I try not to edit myself, and if a spur-of-the-moment idea comes to mind for something I can use (like a scarf or shoes I haven't worn in a while), I put it on and see how it looks before I think "Nah...that would probably look weird". 9 out of 10 times, it looks awesome. Or it looks awesome-weird, which I'm definitely a fan of.

Here's a look I came up with last weekend. I had been lounging around in the sweats and tank top beforehand. I simply added the scarf around my neck (Old Navy), tied up my shirt in the front, rolled the band of my pants down, and slipped on a pair of blue heels before heading out to pick up a friend and do some shopping.









Ok, so what's your weekend uniform? And what quirky accessories do you use to go immediately from frumpy to fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment