Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Hour

I wanted to share a delicious little drink to enjoy when you get off work. I made it yesterday when I realized it was already about 6:00pm and Steve was on his way home. It gave me a little glimpse of Spring. Very simple recipe:
 
- Ice
- One shot of Captain Morgan Lime Bite Rum
- 7 -Up (You can use Sprite, but I prefer 7-Up, as it's less sweet)
- Lime juice, or a fresh lime
 I adore these pretty colored straws
 
I add the ice, pour in the Rum, and fill the rest of the glass with 7-Up. If I have fresh lime on hand, I squeeze one slice in and leave it in the drink. I have bottled lime juice in my fridge at the moment, so I just used a splash or two of that. Add as much or a little as you like. You can also dress up the drink by using a colorful straw or a lime slice as garnish. Enjoy!
 
 

A little shelf in my dining room. I hope to have a proper mini-bar one day soon. I need to throw a little cocktail party, so I have an excuse to use my "Some call it Happy Hour, for me it's a support group" napkins. A cute little Christmas gift from one of my best girl friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment