Saturday, January 22, 2011

When in doubt, clean. And eat some pancakes.

Had a nice brunch this morning at iHop. Yes, iHop. Not the most classy place in the world to go (especially in Austin, where I know there are some fab brunch spots), but sometimes you're just craving pancakes and a bottomless cup of coffee, and it's the easiest place to drop into.

I was craving pancakes, but when I got there, I decided to try the whole wheat french toast combo, which also comes with egg substitute and turkey bacon. A bit healthier, but still right along the lines of what I wanted, and it was delish! I've never had egg substitute before, and honestly, I wouldn't have known the difference. Steve didn't seem to be worrying about eating quite as healthy...



I headed back to my apartment after to get ready for an interview that was then canceled at the last minute. Bummed!! Feeling disappointed, I decided to distract myself by doing a nice cleaning job on my bedroom. I vacuumed (with my amazing new vacuum cleaner, which I got as a Christmas gift from my mom. It is not normal to love something used for cleaning this much), made the bed, re-organized my closet (which had gotten a bit messy after my MAJOR re-organization job a few months ago), and cleaned my entire bathroom.Then I sprayed the whole room with this beautiful smelling Glade "White Tea and Lily" air sanitizer that I found recently for only $1. Ah, it feels nice. It's even a warm enough day that I decided to open the windows to let some fresh air in.













Too many beauty products? Nahh...







I found a good use for this basket, which we bought full of goodies for New Years Eve snacks - to hold lavender bubble bath, colorful, butterfly shaped soaps, and my body brush.





Love my lamp from IKEA.




Tonight, Steve and I are meeting a friend downtown to check out a great local band called Language Room. I am looking forward to a fun night out, after the let-down today. Audition-wise, it's been a trying week. I'm doing my best to look ahead, and that's all you can really do, right?




I like keeping magazines close by to browse through before bed.
I also added my new "sweet pine" scented oil and reeds to the nightstand.

No comments:

Post a Comment