Monday, January 31, 2011

I Heart the Weekend

How was your weekend??
Steve and I spent time relaxing, shopping, going out to eat, and cruising around. On Saturday night we got Pho for dinner, a Vietnamese noodle soup (If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it, especially before the weather gets too warm). We browsed around some shops afterwards, including a used DVD store. You can find amazing deals at these places, and this one in particular had a very impressive selection. We picked up a few random DVDs (including The U.S. vs John Lennon  - Score!) and some ice cream (Ben and Jerry's "Half Baked") for dessert and headed back home. We had a great night watching movies and chatting. It was one of those times where I sort of felt like I was on a first date again with my boyfriend, which just makes me feel all smiley.

We were planning on doing a day trip to Fredricksburg on Sunday, but some unexpected things came up, and we decided it'd be better to go on a day where we have plenty of time to spend. We ended up heading to Black Star Pub and Brewery co-op, which I'd been meaning to try forever. It's very "Austin", and just a chill place to spend a Sunday afternoon sampling local beers and people watching. I really enjoyed doing something a little different and having Steve there to experience it with me. Sometimes I feel like a very lucky girl.


Pho with steak and brisket. Delish!


Ready for some beer tasting. Such a cute little sampler tray!


This was a great place to relax for a few hours. We watched a beautiful sunset.


Hope your weekend was enjoyable, and here's hoping next weekend comes quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment