Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Make it a party!

So, this past week was my boyfriend's birthday. We had a get together with friends out at a sports bar one night, but I also wanted to throw a little one-on-one party for him, too. I wanted to make it special, with lots of fun little kid-like goodies, but mixed with a typical "guy's night" feel. Here are some of the things I came up with. These would be some fun ideas to incorporate into your next birthday party, but also perfect (and easy!) for any occasion that you want to make a bit more exciting:

 I went to the store simply to get a yummy dessert, and ended up buying lots of fun stuff, including a "Yearbook" with fun facts and old advertisements from the year he was born. I had to make fun of him just a little for being old! :P


 
 A "gourmet" take on a simple dessert: Homemade ice cream sandwiches. Fresh chocolate chip cookies (I used Toll House brand), and for a twist, coffee ice cream! I packaged them individually inside festive bags, fastened with twist ties.


 I picked up take-out buffalo wings.


His favorite beer, and mini cupcakes.



Oh, did I mention I greeted him in some sexy Texans' gear? :)


I really like coming up with fun, yet simple ideas, in order make an occasion just a little more interesting. Do you have any easy tips that you use to spice up your get-togethers or special occasions??

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you did an awesome job! And great picture of you at the bottom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I have a camouflage bikini purchased for a similar scene :-)

    ReplyDelete