Friday, April 1, 2011

Office Spaces

I can't not WAIT to start doing a full-on decorating job on my apartment. There are so many ideas floating around my head, with no outlet (yet), that it's driving me a little crazy. I am so excited to get started, and I spend many a late night, in an insomnia-like daze, browsing decorating web sites.

One thing I am really looking forward to, is creating a little home office for myself. I have sort of a makeshift area squeezed into my bedroom right now (mostly I set up shop on the living room coffee table, in front of the TV), but in the near future, after a little rearranging, I will most likely be able to have a full work area (complete with a real desk...and chair!) in what will also serve as a guest bedroom. Towards the end of the year, I will be taking on quite a bit more responsibility for the organization I currently work for, so I can't wait to get organized, and create a comfortable space that I really enjoy and promotes concentration. It will also be an ideal spot for my blogging endeavors!

Here are some ideas I've been eyeing. I'm going more for the "feel" of these work areas, rather than the rooms as a whole, as my "office" will still be confined to a small area. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!


 This one may be my favorite. I love the comfy chair (although I might prefer one with wheels) and the fact that it really looks like a "lived in" area, yet it's still organized and inviting.

 A fun little space with fresh colors to keep me in a good mood.


 From Cupcakes and Cashmere, Emily's home office. I only hope my desk would stay this clean! I am loving the flower. I think I will definitely try to have flowers or a plant (see photo above, too!) on my desk to keep some life in the room!

 A very cute, very compact work area. Perfect to fit into one corner of the guest room without feeling cramped.


 The recoccurring theme for me seems to be light, feminine colors, and a simple desk arrangement with accent pieces to keep the area fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment