Friday, May 13, 2011

Dreaming of bedrooms

Oddly enough, the one area I'm having trouble picturing when I think about my upcoming apartment makeover, is the bedroom. I have a general sense of how I want the room to "feel" - clean, cozy, serene, and probably with light colors. But, I just can't pin down any specific choices, like what colors, what kind of artwork, or what sort of accent pieces. Do I want a rustic quilt or a plush comforter on the bed? Do I want vintage touches or do I want to keep it simple and modern? I've been browsing through a lot of photos to get ideas, but I have yet to find anything that's just right. However, I have been collecting a lot of these photos for inspiration, and some of them, I really do like. I think I'm getting closer. Here are the types of bedrooms that have been catching my eye.


 I like this overall look.


 I adore this comforter. I am really starting to like the idea of a black and white theme, but I think I'd add a an accent color as well, such as a light green or maybe even purple.


 Still clean and relatively simple, but a little more fun and colorful.


 I like this look for our guest room perhaps. Comfy and inviting!


 This might be my favorite overall look I've found so far.


Vintage glamor within a modern setting.


Interesting mismatched use of color, and cute idea for a nightstand! The old suitcase and the roses give it a vintage feel, yet the lamp is very modern. The bedding looks similar to what I have now, so this could be a new way of using it.

What do you think? Please share your thoughts or ideas below!

3 comments:

  1. I really like all of the pictures! I like quilts, but I'm also kind of partial to a plush comforter because I think they make beds look so comfy and inviting!

    My living room has sort of a black and white theme with pink as the accent color. :)

    I like the idea of modern with some antique touches.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first one the most probably.. and u can go to ikea and get most of that stuff there.. i like the black and white one but only if you add purple to it too... and i like the last one... not the mismatched color but the vintage feel to it is kinda neat!

    this is gonna be a hella long link but check this out :) http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=black+and+white+room+with+purple&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=560l8767l0l27l14l0l0l0l0l571l2446l3-4.1.1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=621

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls!! :)

    Kady, finally got a chance to check out that link. I have done that very search on Google for ideas! haha. I love Google image searches just for browsing!

    ReplyDelete