Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Transitioning



So, I actually had another blog post planned, but it turned it to quite a crazy time around here today (including technical difficulties!), so I think I'll vent about that instead!

I woke up today to the sounds of moving men inside the apartment, taking out my roommate's things. She officially moves out today! It feels like sort of a long time coming, only because the exact move-out date had been up in the air for a while. Then, it was supposed to take place yesterday, but the movers had to bump it until the next day. So, it felt good that everything was finally happening!
However, after actually getting up, I realized I couldn't find my phone. I went to sign onto Facebook to send my boyfriend a message (maybe he'd seen it, or maybe I'd even left it in his car last night?) and...no internet. No phone AND no internet? Ok, not cool. Plus, the apartment looks a little like a small tornado went through it with all the moving/rearranging/etc. going on. A necessary evil on moving day (even when it's not yours), but stressful never-the-less.

After literally half an hour of searching for my phone in the apartment, my car, and wracking my brain trying to figure out if I could have dropped it at Walmart during a 1:00am home decor browsing/pricing spree (and get this: it was actually Steve's idea to get out restless selves off the couch and head over there that late! Coolest boyfriend ever? I think yes.), I finally found the phone under a couch cushion. Whew.

The funny thing is, my phone has been so messed up lately for some unknown reason, that I almost wished for an excuse to buy a new one! But, honestly, I'm glad I found it.

Then, there was the task of fixing the internet. It appeared to have gotten disconnected when my roommate packed up all her computer stuff. No big deal, right? I'll just set it back up like it was (I've done it before). But as us technologically-inept gals know, it's never that simple when you're dealing with computers (which, I am convinced actually do have minds of their own). After 3 hours of attempting to set everything back up myself, calling my internet provider, and begging some friends on Facebook for advice, I came out victorious! Thank you to those smart friends, by the way!

This also explains why there was no blog post until now. I'm glad to be up and running!
I think things may continue to be a little insane around here during this transition phase, but I am excited to begin shopping for items for our "new" place and get everything set up around here.

Here's to a relatively stress free week! Fingers crossed.

3 comments: