Monday, May 9, 2011

Kick-starting the week

 My weekend started in the most perfect way: my boyfriend got off work a few hours early on Friday, and we curled up on the sofa, with a movie on TV, and took a nap. We both needed it after our late Cinco de Mayo festivities on Thursday.


 Cinco de Mayo style. 
I wore my tea length, sea green dress, which I picked up at a thrift store years ago for about $6. It's fun and flowy, and almost makes me feel like I'm wearing a little prom dress from the 1960s. I don't wear it all that often,  but I thought it was perfect for this occasion! 

My boyfriend headed off on Saturday morning to play paintball with some friends, so I had a little "me" time around the apartment. Perfectly enough, I found my Glamour magazine waiting in the mailbox for me, so I got to sip coffee and flip through that (the good 'ol "sip 'n flip"?) for a nice start to the day. That evening, I met up with the paintballers and some other friends for a BBQ. It was a really nice time.

Sunday was disgracefully lazy. Lots of time was spent on the couch with my boyfriend watching movies. I definitely pigged out this weekend too, so today I'm getting back on track with healthy eating. The weather is absolutely gorgeous right now, so I think I am going to go ahead and go for a jog before I start tackling my other tasks for the day. 

How was your weekend? What do you have going on this week?

1 comment: