Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Little things that make me smile...

Fresh seafood wrapped in brown paper:

Steve and I buy these stuffed salmon fillets from our local H.E.B.'s seafood counter (I love the feta and spinach. He usually gets his with their crab stuffing). And there's just something about the paper that makes them feel special. I just love unwrapping them when preparing for dinner, like a delicious little gift!


Summer beauty goodies:

 I'd been looking for a beach bag, and I finally settled on this one from Walmart - only $7. It's big enough to fit all my stuff in, plus a towel, and the plastic-like weaved material will hopefully protect it from any water that might find its way to it!
I also picked up some Vaseline brand Aloe Fresh body lotion (with cucumber extracts), which fit exactly the elements I was looking for: a competent lotion with a fresh and summery, yet super light scent.
I was needing some more body wash and craving a coconut type scent - jackpot again, this Softsoap brand Coconut Scrub has exfoliants, plus its fragrance is deliciously light. I don't like products that smell heavy and overly sweet, especially because then you feel like you can't pair them with your usual body spray or purfume. These two products are just perfect.


The vintage bathing suit trend:

What? You mean we don't have to show off our not-quite-there-yet abs and risk being considered frumpy?!


Girly-with-an-edge fashion:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: fashion is all about contrast. I will be copying these looks in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment