Friday, May 20, 2011

Fruit cocktail

I have been coming across some of the most delicious cocktails lately that are just perfect for summer.



"Pink Watermelon Margarita"
I snagged this recipe out of the May issue of Glamour magazine (a fab issue, by the way). Combine 3 cups of watermelon, the juice of 10 limes, 1/3 cup of sugar, and 2 cups of ice cubes in a blender.
Blend until smooth and then add 1 cup of tequila and 1/2 a cup of Grand Marnier or triple sec. Pulse the blender to mix. Pour over ice in a glass, and serve (you can also add salt or sugar around the rim and garnish with a lime (This will make enough for 4-6 people).

Ok, I don't even really like watermelon, but this I have to try. It sounds so good and looks beautiful.


"Summer Beer"
A friend of mine made this for a BBQ she hosted a couple weekends ago, and it was awesome (do sip slowly, however)! I'm not sure of the exact measurements, so make it to taste. The ingredients are lemonade (or limeade, if you choose), vodka, and a domestic beer (we had it with Lone Star). Mix everything together and serve over ice.

It tastes like lemonade with a hint of fizz and a little zing. SO yummy. I can't wait to make this soon.

Do you have any favorite summer cocktails? Do share! I'd love to try them.
Have a great weekend! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment