Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Closet

I am kind of in love with my recent purchases from Plato's Closet, a second hand store where you can buy and sell clothing, shoes, and accessories.

 I adore the large pockets!

I debuted this military style shift dress downtown the other night, which I found at Plato's Closet for $14. I dressed it up with a 1960's inspired bun on the top of my head and very dark, smokey "cat eye" liner and eyeshadow.
To do the bun, put your hair in a very high pony tail  (I like to keep the roots loose and messy looking), then simply wrap the pony tail around and tuck the very ends in to the elastic. I kept the bun relatively loose. You can also pull out a few strands to give it a more "bed head" look. I actually thought mine looked even better once the night had worn on, and the bun had gotten a bit messed up.

Notice, I am also wearing my new patent leather purple flats, which I got for $7. Perfect for my Vegas flat-shoe goals? I think yes!



 Another item I bought was this blue Ambercrombie and Fitch skirt ($12). It's a bit high wasted and pencil-style enough to look somewhat chic while still feeling comfortable and casual. I've gotten more use out of this than I ever expected. It's great to pair with a simple white ribbed tank top or an oversized t-shirt (always tucked in). I wore it today for a commercial audition. I thought it looked professional, paired with a black tank top and cropped cardigan, but still provided a little flair, color, and personality.

I highly recommend checking out Plato's Closet, if you have one in your area. You never know what you might find, and sometimes the deals are pretty amazing. It's a great place to even just go pick up a little bag or clutch purse to brighten your day. But beware, you might come out with much more. I just went in for shoes!

Where are your favorite places to find inexpensive, unexpected pieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment