Monday, August 22, 2011

Fun in the sun...



How was your weekend?
Steve and I had plenty to do, but we still managed to squeeze in a nice amount of down time together. We attended a pool party/cookout on Saturday; sort of an end-of-the-season party for Steve's flag football team. On Sunday, we woke up bright and early to head down to the San Marcos river for a friend's birthday party. Both events were great, and I never get tired of grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, and other picnic-like foods. How about you? Our new drink obsession is Mike's Hard Black Cherry Lemonade. It tastes so much like black cherry soda, which growing up, I used to get with my mom at a great bagel shop in D.C.
We left the river just early enough to get our usual weekend grocery shopping done, and then settled down with some beef tamales (I had actually never tried them before! I'm a new fan.) and a movie ("Miracle").

It's amazing how being in the sun even just two afternoons in a row can drain you so much. I was able to fall asleep by midnight last night, and honestly, that was just what I needed. Maybe I've finally gotten off this schedule of staying up until 3am and finding it hard to drag myself out of bed before 11am. I woke up at 9:30 today and felt great.

Wishing you a fabulous week! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment