Monday, March 28, 2011

Fabulous Weekend

So, once again I found it hard to squeeze in a Saturday post. Apologies to anyone who came looking for one. It seems as if my weekends have been lively enough that I rarely even find myself on the computer, unless it's for a quick Facebook update (and even then, it's usually through my phone). Occasionally, I'll have a few days worth of blogs done ahead of time, but that wasn't the case this week.
So, just F.Y.I., for any faithful readers, I think I will follow what seems to be a standard in the fashion/style type blogs I read, and that's posting Monday through Friday and taking the weekends off. Although, there may be a random weekend post here and there if I feel particularly inspired!

How was your weekend?
I was definitely able to leave behind the negativity that had been looming throughout the week. I must say, I had an absolutely fabulous weekend!

 Steve and me at "The Stage". I've been enjoying using my new curling iron to get those sort of "beachy" waves at the ends of my hair. I layered a short, tight, black, t-shirt style dress over my gray skinny jeans. I wore black flats (my foot isn't quite ready for heels yet), but dressed up the whole ensemble with a extra long pearl necklace, tied in a knot at the bottom. A little 1920s touch. The outfit was casual, yet classy. Perfect for a Friday night downtown at a pretty casual bar.

Friday night was spent downtown checking out a new live music bar called The Stage. We all really liked the feel of this place, and got to see a friend's band play.
On Saturday morning (after shaking off a touch of a hangover) my girlfriend, and my boyfriend and I grabbed breakfast at Einstein's Bagel Bros., one of my favorite breakfast spots near my apartment. Later, Steve and I headed to the Borders at the nearby outdoor mall (the weather was gorgeous!) for their going-out-of-business sale. He picked up a pile of books on the cheap, and I got a Paul Simon CD for just $3. I was very tempted to buy one of the 80 lbs bags of Seattle's Best Coffee from their cafe' for $30, but I decided to pass.

We spent the rest of the afternoon laying by the pool, drinking margaritas and some Malibu and diet coke (one of my favorite cocktails). Later, after coming inside and crashing for a nap, we made some dinner and watched one of my favorite films, Forget Paris. I couldn't have asked for a better day!

We got this adorable pitcher and matching tumblers from Target this weekend. Perfect for taking frozen margaritas down to the pool, and so festive!

On Sunday night we had a few friends over to the apartment for beer and pizza, and watched a film I was in last Summer. It was a good time, and I was thrilled to have had such a nice weekend, packed full with fun activities.
The weekend seemed really long, which was nice, but it makes it that much harder to get back into Monday-mode! I have plenty to get done today, and to make motivation that much harder, it's suddenly cloudy and cool today!

I'm off to pour myself some coffee and make my to-do list for the day. Hope you have a great start to your week! xx

1 comment: