Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Egg yourself on!

I've been watching what I eat quite a bit lately (bikini weather is coming fast, after all!). I know a lot people are doing the same, so I thought I'd share a super easy, super healthy, lunch recipe with you. I came up with this the other day, and I found it very satisfying, despite the low calories!

Egg Salad Wrap (what I used):

Hard boiled eggs (two)
Mustard (skip the mayo! The mustard has zero calories, and gives it a little kick of flavor.)
Black pepper
Garlic Powder
Spring mix
Low fat swiss cheese (optional, or use cheese of your choice)
Whole wheat medium tortilla

Bring water to a boil in a pot and add in your eggs. Mine took about 12 minutes to cook all the way through. When they were done, I put them in a tall glass of ice water for a minute or so to cool them off. Then I peeled the shells.
Chop up your eggs in a bowl and add in as much mustard, pepper, and garlic power as you like.
Lay your tortilla on a plate and put your cheese and spring mix on top. Add in your egg salad, and fold once into a "taco" shape. You're done! Here you have a satisfying, light lunch (at about 300 calories) for the weekend or to take with you to work.

Good stuff!

If you really crave a creamier egg salad, try mashing up some avocado with your egg. Avocado is a great substitute for mayonnaise. For a little extra kick, try adding in some salsa! Enjoy!

1 comment: