Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend: Devine



It's not really Monday again already, is it? Wow. The weekend was a whirlwind. Coffee is definitely my friend this morning.

Saturday, I had a nice afternoon with my girlfriend at her coffee shop. The iced caramel lattes and the girl talk were flowing. Later, I met up with Steve to look at costumes for an upcoming event we have in April (more details to follow eventually). There is a wonderful costume shop in North Austin with many antique items and clothing from actual movies. It's a really fun place to browse, even when you're not actually needing anything!

Saturday night, Steve and I met back up with my girlfriend for dinner and drinks at a restaurant/bar called Opal Devine's (apparently an Austin staple), which I had never been to before. The menu was fabulous, and their drink menu was just as elaborate. We had a fun server who offered lots of good suggestions. I tried the mojito, at his recommendation, and it was very fresh and delicious. For dinner, I had what they call "Susan's Salad", complete with spring mix, dried cranberries (my favorite!), and walnuts, among usual salad ingredients. It came with their "prickly pear vinaigrette", which had just a touch of sweetness. I loved it. We all look forward to going back there soon!

Steve tried a Blonde Ale. Also really good!
My mojito. Loved the presentation!

We followed dinner with a night at our favorite local karaoke bar. They weren't particularly busy for a Saturday, so we got to sing quite a few songs. It was a really fun night, but I definitely stayed up too late, and perhaps drank a bit more than I should have. They were mixing perfect apple martinis, so it was definitely hard to say no to additional rounds!

I slept relatively late on Sunday and finally forced myself to really wake up and get moving just in time for an Academy Awards watching party at a friend's house. It was a fun little get together, but Steve and I headed out at a reasonable hour to get home for a much needed good night sleep.

How was your weekend? Did you watch the Oscars?
Hope you have a lovely Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment