Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


First things first, I just want to say Happy Valentine's Day to my wonderful boyfriend, Steve. I feel like such a lucky girl to have him in my life!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. Mine turned out spectacularly, but it went by so quickly! Steve had a surprise date planned for me on Friday night. He picked me up after work and whisked me off on a mini-road trip. Turns out, we were headed to a planitarium about an hour and a half north of Austin, where they were putting on a star and lazer/light show set to music by The Beatles and Green Day - two of my favorite bands! I have always loved looking at stars. It was such a fun and different thing to do, and I love that Steve planned such a cool surprise for me. It was a great way to kick off the weekend.


Ok, I may have had a little too much fun getting ready for the date. :) I wanted to look cute!

Saturday morning, we woke up a little extra early to go film cameos in a comedy sketch for two friends who are in the independent film industry here. The video has a Valentine's Theme, but it's not what I would call... "romantic". You can view it here (please be aware, it contains some strong language).

After we wrapped up filming, Steve and I headed to a little BBQ spot for lunch. I'm not a huge BBQ fan, but I've been really pleased with the places I've tried so far since moving to Texas, and this place was really delicious! Steve and I usually like to walk off a big meal, so we headed to a couple stores for some browsing afterwards. It's sort of a nice tradition we have.
The beautiful bottle of champagne
we brought to the dinner party.
Later on, we went to a Valentine's dinner with some friends. It was a really nice evening, complete with a steak dinner, plenty of wine flowing, and great company. We also had the most delicious Oreo cookie dipped strawberries for dessert. The first half of the night had the tone of a lovely Valentine's dinner party, but later into the night, we changed into our comfy pajamas and settled down to watch a movie that was decidedly against a Valentine's theme (A-Team. Haha). So we had the best of both worlds!

We woke up Sunday to an absolutely gorgeous, warm, sunny day and headed to a park downtown for Steve's soccer practice. I got to sit and enjoy a little picnic while watching the team play. Afterwards, Steve and I headed to a nearby hiking trail for a little more exercise.

How was your weekend? Do you have any Valentine plans for today? Are you more traditional when it comes to Valentine's Day or do you tend to go the other direction? I've seen a ton of bars in the area that are throwing "I hate Valentine's Day" events, and I've heard there is even a Valentine's Day haunted house in Austin! If you're in one of those moods when it comes to Valentine's Day, make sure you check out the comedy video I was in. It should be right up your alley.

No matter how you celebrate the day, I hope you have fun! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment