Saturday, February 19, 2011

Weekend Plans: Adjust your Mindset, not your TV set

Congratulations! You made it to the weekend. What do you have planned?

I had a nice morning with my boyfriend, and then he was off to spend some time with the guys. I'm going to take the day to squeeze in an extra work out for the week (I've been trying to get back on track over the past few days). Then, I'm going have coffee with one of my best girl friends, who I haven't seen since she returned from her two week trip to Australia! I know we have a lot of catching up to do.

I'm due for a girl's day!

Creating a cozy work area helps me focus, even on a Saturday!
 I'll also have to do some work today, as I got caught up in other things yesterday and didn't make as much progress as I'd hoped on my new assignment. 








 If I have some extra time this afternoon, I think I'll also do a slightly overdue dye job on my hair. I still dye and cut my hair myself, and over the years, I've gotten quite good at it. I have trouble trusting other people with my unpredictable, super-thick hair, and once again...you can't beat the price when you make it a do-it-yourself project! I also really enjoy it. In case anyone is curious, I'm naturally a redhead, but I've been a blonde phase for a few years now. My go-to hair dye is Herbal Essences XL1 "Bleach Bum" or XL0 "Blonded by the Light".


Hopefully I'll beat the rain on my run. I love running when it's totally overcast and a just little cool. Exercise isn't something that comes very easy to me, but I am trying to adjust my mindset a bit. Occasionally I can click my brain over into fitness-mode and stick with a good routine that lasts me a while. It usually helps if I take the "getting skinny" angle out of it and exercise simply for my mental health - the escapism, breathing the fresh air, taking time to think and de-stress, etc. Getting in shape, in that case, just happens to be the bonus.




Every now and then I get into a bit of a rut, so getting in shape and having "new" hair might be just what I need to perk things up a bit.

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment