Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day


There is an inch or two of snow on the ground and it looks beautiful, but I'm having one of "those" mornings. My cold is acting up, and I woke up with a headache. Steve slept in this morning to wait for the roads to clear, but he just headed to work. Luckily, I got all my errands and shopping done yesterday, so I don't have any real reason to go out today. It's probably going to be a good day to just hunker down at home. I do, however, have to get some work done. Working from home, I definitely don't get any snow days! I'm trying to lift my spirits with a coffee and a bowl of Lucky Charms cereal.


This photo puts me in a good mood.

The snow started at about 1:00am last night. Steve and I were in bed, but awake and chatting. We heard the icy drops start to fall on the roof, so we pulled up the blinds on the large window in my bedroom, turned off the lamp, and watched the snow accumulate. It was amazing how much had fallen in just an hour. It probably wont look quite as beautiful again as it did in the middle of the night, before anyone had touched it, and before the morning sun began melting it away on areas like the sidewalks and pavement. It was a nice little moment to have witnessed.



The scene from my window this morning.

This weekend should be a busy one, filled with two different birthday parties on Saturday and a Super Bowl gathering on Sunday. The weather is also supposed to be warming up again, with temperatures back towards the 60s.

How did your week turn out, and what does the weekend hold? Leave a comment and have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment