Friday, February 18, 2011

Love your space

Within the last couple years, I've gotten really interested in interior decorating. I'm currently in the nicest apartment I've ever lived in, and I kind of lucked out in creating some pretty cozy rooms without really buying anything substantial when I moved. However, I'm coming up on my two year mark here at the end of June, and I'd really like to put some more effort into decorating, whether I decide to stay in this apartment, or find a new one. I really like the feel of my place, but the major things I really just haven't splurged on yet are a new sofa (and maybe an arm chair) and art work. Hopefully, this will happen soon.
I like what I call sort of a sophisticated/bohemian style - fun, but still adult, with unexpected accents and colors. Here are some looks I've come across lately that I really like (I'm sorry I don't have sources for all of these!):



This whole room is cool. I love this style of sofa paired with vibrant pillows. I have a little bit of a sofa-pillow obsession at the moment.



This look would be super easy to create in my apartment without spending a bundle.


Source: House and Home. I love the mismatched chairs, and the unique wall color with a more edgy piece of art.

Emily's (of the Cupcake and Cashmere blog) mini bar in her dining room. I am really wanting to have a nice, well-stocked mini bar and wine rack in my place soon.

Source: House and Home. Edgy, yet bright and cozy. The green in the painting provides a really nice pop of color.
 I'd love to hear your thoughts below!

No comments:

Post a Comment