Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Red, White, and Blue

4th of July weekend is coming up, and summer seems to be in full gear here in Texas. I really love throwing on this bright blue jumpsuit, which I found at Forever 21 last Fall when they were getting rid of their Summer clothing. I think I bought it for about $5! I couldn't wait to wear it, so I layered it a lot with leggings and a cardigan, which totally worked! It's great to now to wear on its own to keep cool and look pretty badass, if I do say so myself. I think it has kind of a 1970s feel. I paired it this week with some bright red lipstick and my newly touched up blonde hair, which I kept tousled and parted far to one side.






 I wore my suede boots, which I also got from Forever 21 last Fall. I love combining them with something for Summery for a contrast. I always feel cool tromping around in these, and it's even more fun with my legs on display. The boots also protected me from all the ants crawling around at my boyfriend's soccer game!


I felt a bit "old Hollywood" with my red lips, super blonde hair, and big, dark sunglasses.

I highly recommend saving some cash and buying summer items as they are being phased out for Fall. You can get some great bargains that way, and if you're able to layer them during the colder months anyway, it's a win/win! If not, they'll be a welcomed surprise when you begin unpacking your summer clothing the following year. I like trying to find versatile clothing that works all year around. An item such as this jumpsuit can force you out of your comfort zone a bit, and get you to try combinations you might not normally think of.

What items are you loving this Summer? Are there any that can take you into Fall when it rolls around? Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment