Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shmear campaign

 Good morning!


Don't worry. I don't actually wake up looking like this. 
This a photo from a few months ago when I had just finished dying my hair.

Ok, so I am definitely convinced now that the restaurants around here have something against my diet/exercise-ambitious self. I have now also obtained coupons from Einstein's Bros Bagels. Can we say yum? There's one right by my apartment, and I've loved it ever since trying it for the first time. It's been a fun place to catch up with friends for an easy late breakfast or lunch in the past. However, I haven't been there in quite a long time...that means I definitely have to take advantage of these coupons, right? (I can talk myself into anything). Breakfast is usually the easiest meal for me to skip. Every article about dieting and healthy eating tells you to eat breakfast like it's practically a law now, but honestly, I'm not usually hungry first thing in the morning. The odd thing is, breakfast foods are some of my absolute favorites! I often like to eat them at night instead. Or, I just end up eating my "breakfast" at a more typical late lunch time, once I actually have an appetite. I think with diet tips, you have to remember what's best for you. Every body is different. If you're starving in the morning, by all means, eat. If you know you have a very slow metabolism and need food to kick start it first thing in the morning, eat something, even if it's just a little fruit or something light. But if you're not hungry, why force yourself? That just doesn't make much sense to me.

Anyway, that's my little diet rant for the day. Which brings me to the fact that I went to Einstein's and got myself an iced latte (which I add 2 packets of Splenda to) and a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast (honestly, I probably wont eat the bagel until later). I ended up waking up really early (I think because my boyfriend was up and out the door a little extra early this morning), and honestly, I felt amazing. Totally refreshed and ready to get up. One of my coupons (free bagel with any drink purchase - score!) was only good before 11am. Since I am rarely awake, up, dressed, and out the door before 11:00am, I decided this would be a perfect morning to use it and emphasize my little change in morning routine.

 This wasn't me today either. This was me bored, sitting in traffic one day a few weeks ago. 
(I have to use these photos somewhere, right? I was cleaning out my phone). 

 Stepping out the door, I noticed how beautiful and cool the morning was. Half way down the stairs, I turned around and walked back inside. I dropped my purse, my gigantic (a.k.a. awesome) sunglasses, and keys and traded them for ratty work out clothing. I stepped back out the door and went for a 20 minute walk/jog (I am still fully intent on doing my regular work out later today, too). Then, I grabbed my stuff once again and headed out for my bagel and coffee. I also remembered once I got to Einstein's (they are always so friendly and cheery there in the morning) that they have bagel "thins" (just a much thinner bagel, but still so good), which I believe are only 220 calories WITH cream cheese. Definite score.


Anyway, not the most interesting tale ever told, but I like to write about the everyday. :) I admire those who see beauty in the mundane.

Hope you're having a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment