Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Lovin'

We've officially made it to Summer!


To commemorate the day, I woke up, threw on some gym shorts, a baggy and light-weight top, and flip flops, threw my hair into a messy ponytail on the top of my head, put on a pair of sunglasses appropriately large for morning, and headed out for a bagel and iced latte at Einstein's (they are currently running their Free Bagel Tuesdays, with coupon, if you get there before 11am). It's actually a cloudy day here today (that's ok...Texas desperately needs rain, and those quick summer showers are part of the season, too), and because it's not too terribly hot yet, I sat out on their patio for a little bit before heading back home to blog.

The local Oldies station (I grew up listening to Oldies radio, and to this day, still always have a station programmed in my car) is running a "Best songs of Summer" countdown. Between cranking up The Monkees and the Beach Boys, it was a nice little outing, and a great way to start the day.

Ok, so I want to know your summer "wish list"; things you'd like to accomplish this summer, things you have planned (or want to plan), fun things to buy for the season, upcoming vacations, whatever!

I'm hoping for a lot of time spent on patios (either my own, which I hope to decorate very soon with furniture, hanging lights, and maybe even some cactus, or a pretty patio at some fun little restaurants or cafes).
I am going to New Orleans in just over two weeks for a vacation, which is going to be amazing! My boyfriend and I were invited to join my mom and her husband, and my brother and sister down there for a weekend. I can't wait!

Where will this Summer take you?

No comments:

Post a Comment