Thursday, June 9, 2011

Green Envy

I think some people are a little intimidated by using brightly colored eye shadows. Now, I'm not suggesting you start wearing blue shadow all the way up to your eyebrows (whoa, 80s), but a little accent color can be nice sometimes, especially if you keep it tied to a simple, neutral-colored outfit and add an accent piece of the same color, like I did here with a green bracelet. My favorite eyeshadow colors (and, I think, the easiest to use) are green or purple (not at the same time! Unless you're going to a Mardi Gras event, of course). Some people can pull off blue (I use it occasionally, but not often), but you have to be careful and make sure you have the right coloring. I think it works best on pale blondes or redheads, and usually I'll use it more like liner around the lashlines, not over the whole eyelid. I think Green and purple kind of works for anyone.


 Ta-da!

I extended the green eyeshadow out at the corners for a little "cat eye" look, put a little mineral, light gray shadow in my lid creases, tracing the green out at the corners. (Make sure everything is blended together lightly) and finished up with black mascara. You could make this look more dramatic by adding black liner on your inner rims and/or your lash lines. This look was for day time, so I kept it relatively low key.

Thoughts? Any eye make up tips? Share them below!

No comments:

Post a Comment